Sunday, January 14, 2007

Poker In The Zone

Ok, I don't know if you have ever had this happen but I have and it goes beyond explination. I'm playing in a tournament online, I'm alone with nothing going on but the poker game. I'm being very patient waiting for the better hands and not playing crap. I end up getting a few good hands to help build my chip stack but nothing real special. Then all of a sudden I get this feeling inside like I am superman or something and I just know I cannot be beat. Now I'm not gonna use any names here but when this happened the players could not believe what had happened. I drew an A 3 of hearts, normally I'll just call the blind ( I love suited Connectors ) but something told me to raise so without thought I did, another player goes all in and without flinching an eyelash I find myself calling, even I couldn't believe I called it. When the smoke cleared I win the hand with a flush draw. Then for about the next hour of the tournament I continue to get good or medium hands and win. I make it to the final table and what happens....My zone just left, what happened nothing changed, I'm still alone in the room, I couldn't hit a pair hardly. I couldn't think and I became very restless. It was like there was nothing I could do to win. I'm a very conservative player, yet I couldn't get myself back in the game. I ended up in 5th place, still in the money and points but had this not happened I wonder if I could have won. We will never know now but when I hit the Zone I was invincable, when it left it took all my poker senses with it.
Maybe the poker gods didn't want me to win, they just wanted to tease me.
All in all my friends.... beware of *Poker In The Zone*

No comments: